Is is the policy of Interior Joinery Contracts Ltd to do all its business in a way as to lessen or eliminate any adverse effect on the environment.
In order to achieve this, the company will
- Use all good environmental practices in its day to day operations.
- Use material from sustainable sources.
- Use registered waste disposal companies for removal of all waste streams.
- Ensure all company vehicles meet all emission standards.
- Always maintain high standards of cleanliness in respect of litter and waste packaging,
- Ensure any cleaning agents used are of a biodegradable nature.
- Ensure any chemicals that are used do not present an environmental hazard.
- Limit to a minimum and strive to eliminate all emissions to the atmosphere e.g. dusts and carbon dioxide.
- Limit to a minimum the use of electricity and gas supplies and to eliminate any wastage.
- Stop the use of any chemicals that have a detrimental effect on the ozone layer.
- Consider all environmental impacts of new equipment or new work undertaken.
- Lessen the impact of any nuisance noise and to work within set hours in residential areas.
- Respect all clients policies aimed at a better environment.
- Commit to continual improvement of our environmental management systems.
This policy will be reviewed annually as part the yearly management review.
This policy was last updated on 23/05/2017.